Chai Spiced Cider Recipe - A Cozy Holiday Delight
Warm up your holiday gatherings with a fragrant and flavorful Chai Spiced Cider. This delightful twist on traditional apple cider combines the comforting spices of chai with the sweetness of apples for a festive and aromatic treat. Here's a simple recipe to bring the warmth of the season to your cup:
- 1 quart (4 cups) apple cider
- 2 tablespoons loose-leaf chai spices
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 1 or more orange peel (use a vegetable peeler to get a strip) or orange rounds
- 1-2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (adjust to taste)
- Optional: a splash of orange juice for extra brightness
1. Prepare the Chai Infusion:
- In a saucepan, pour the apple cider and add the chai spices.
- Add the cinnamon stick, crushed cardamom pods, and the strip of orange peel.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer over medium heat. Once it simmers, reduce the heat to low and let it steep for about 15-20 minutes. Adjust the steeping time based on your desired level of chai spice intensity.
2. Sweeten to Taste:
- After steeping, using a fine-mesh strainer, strain the tea and spices from the cider.
- Stir in honey or maple syrup, adjusting the sweetness according to your preference. You can also add a splash of orange juice for a citrusy note.
- Add the chai spiced cider into mugs or a festive punch bowl.
4. Garnish (Optional):
- Garnish each serving with a cinnamon stick or a slice of fresh orange for a decorative touch.
5. Enjoy the Warmth:
- Serve the Chai Spiced Cider warm and relish the aromatic blend of chai spices and sweet apple goodness. It's a delightful beverage to share with friends and family during festive gatherings or cozy evenings by the fireplace.
This Chai Spiced Cider is sure to become a holiday favorite, spreading warmth and cheer with every sip. Adjust the spice levels and sweetness to suit your taste, and let the inviting aroma fill your home with the spirit of the season.