What happens when you drink tea everyday?
The Benefits of Drinking Tea Everyday
There are numerous potential benefits to drinking tea every day. Here are just a few:
- Improved Digestion: Teas such as ginger and peppermint in our Digest Tea and puer tea are known to help improve digestion, as they contain compounds that can help break down food more efficiently. This can lead to better nutrient absorption and improved overall health.
- Increased Hydration: Tea is mostly water, so it can help keep you hydrated throughout the day. This is especially important if you’re not getting enough water from other sources. While tea does contain water, it also contains caffeine which is a diuretic and can cause dehydration if consumed in excess amounts over time. It’s important to make sure you’re getting enough water from other sources as well in order to stay properly hydrated throughout the day.
- Reduced Stress Levels: Many types of tea contain compounds that can help reduce stress levels and improve mood. This can be especially beneficial if you’re feeling overwhelmed or anxious. Certain teas, like matcha, contain an abundance of the amino acid called L-theanine, which has been shown to promote relaxation and reduce stress.
- Improved Cognitive Function: Some teas contain caffeine, which can help improve focus and alertness throughout the day. Additionally, some teas contain antioxidants that may help protect against cognitive decline as we age. If you’re sensitive to caffeine, drinking too much tea could lead to jitters, headaches, increased blood pressure or other unpleasant side effects. It’s important to pay attention to how your body reacts when consuming caffeinated beverages like tea in order to avoid these issues.
- Increased Antioxidants and Immune Health: Tea contains antioxidants that can help protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals. Green tea, in particular, is high in a type of antioxidant called catechins.
- Reduced Risk of Chronic Diseases: Regular tea consumption has been linked to a lower risk of several chronic diseases, including heart disease, stroke, and certain types of cancer.
Tips for Enjoying Tea EverydayIf you decide that drinking tea every day is right for you, here are some tips for making sure you get the most out of your daily cup:
- Choose Quality Loose Leaf Teas: Make sure you buy quality teas when making your own teas at home, as this will ensure that they taste better and provide more health benefits.
- Drink Mindfully: Take time out of your day to enjoy your cup of tea without any distractions. Pay attention to the flavor, aroma, and texture as this will help make the experience more enjoyable.
- Listen To Your Body: Pay attention to how your body reacts after consuming different types of teas so that you know which ones work best for you.
Drinking tea daily can offer a range of benefits for the mind and body, from improved brain function and reduced inflammation to better digestion and sleep. Incorporating a variety of different types of tea into your daily routine can help you reap the full range of benefits that tea has to offer.